Friday, February 15, 2019

Idea Napkin No. 1

1) My name is Joseph Bergida, a second year construction management major at UF. I have some experience in sales from working at Reflective Glass Showers & Mirrors. I aspire to design and sell homes one day, and the construction industry heavily relies on computers for the design aspect which also brings me to the idea of needing a portable computer charger.

2) What I am offering to customers is a portable laptop charger. This will resemble the portable chargers made for phones but will have the appropriate cords available as well as a battery strong enough to power a laptop. This will solve customers' unmet needs of a dying computer when there is no outlets in sight.

3) I am offering this product to all the college students that use laptops. This includes almost everyone at the University except for those that use desktop computers.

4) Customers care in this case because it is a rarity that a lecture hall has power outlets all throughout it and there is a number of good spots at all of the libraries that do not go to use because there is no power outlets near.

5) What sets this idea apart from everyone else is the fact that there is no good portable laptop charger available in stores when there is an obvious need for one.

I believe that these five elements fit together well in this scenario. If this business plan was to go into action I feel as if there would be an extreme number of sales specifically among the college aged population. In my opinion, the need for this product is as clear as it could be.

4 comments:

  1. Portable laptop chargers already exist. You can literally google "portable laptop charger" and dozens pop up on Amazon. How would this one be any different? Would this charger be able to be used on all brands and models of laptops? If so, that would be very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph,
    As Miranda said, portable laptop chargers already exist. The question is, how is yours going to be different from your competitors. It is clear that there is a need for these chargers and therefore you need to find a way to make a product that can be sold better than everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joseph, I like the way that you related your background to your product. I have very conflicted feelings regarding your plan, especially regarding the fesability. Although there is a clear need for this device I am not sure if the current consumer base perceives it the same way as you and I do. You need to look more closely at your device and target a specific market that needs it most, or a couple segments. I strongly believe that there is a need for portable batteries that have standard US electrical sockets rather than USB. Finally, I wish that you said more about the ways that your portable battery is better than similar products currently on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joseph,
    I really dig your idea, I could totally use a portable laptop charger. My computer is my most valuable tool in school and work. I think there is definitely a need for a product like the one you propose and tons of people would get great benefit out of it. However, I think you should elaborate a bit more on the specifics of your concept because there are some existing products that perform this task. Great post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete