Friday, February 15, 2019

Sketching out the Beginning of the Buyer Behavior Process

1) The market segment that I have chosen to pursue is college/university students and luxurious spenders.

2) The three people I have chosen for interviews are:
-One Marston studier
-One Turlington walker
-One housemate

3,4,5) For need awareness, the situations in which my interviewees felt that the need was the most salient are what I previously expected, being in lecture halls and libraries with no outlets available. The Turlington walker stated he needs this during his double block lectures while my housemate and the studier at Marston both said they need this most during study sessions when the libraries are busy.

 As for the information search, when the interviewees searched for a portable laptop charger, the only ones available do not specify which types of computers they charge or the power output. While there are portable laptop chargers are out there, they are hard to come across and quite expensive while only charging one single device. When the interviewees became aware of their needs, two plugged in there computers to charge up for later.

6) After these interviews, I concluded that the need is real and live. People are aware of the need/opportunity as there are a very limited number of places to even buy regular chargers. While yes a portable laptop charger can be ordered for large quantities of money, they need to be functional to different kinds of laptops with the appropriate power output.

2 comments:

  1. This post clarified a lot of my questions from your napkin idea. I agree, they are bulky and expensive. I think making one that was more realistic is a great idea especially for those that travel or are in class for long period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph,
    It seems that a lot of your assumptions was confirmed by interviewing some of the people that you thought might have the need. Knowing the specifications your product would need to have is essential to make sure that you differentiate yourself from you competitors and ultimately make the best possible product to fit the needs of your customers.

    ReplyDelete