Friday, February 22, 2019
Halfway Reflection
This semester has been very rewarding in terms of self-analysis and changing my main core principles and beliefs. For this course, I've had to develop serious time management skills as well as improving my work ethic over all. Last week, I had 3 exams and two quizzes within a span of three days. Although I felt like my whole was crashing down on me and I wasn't going to do well, what pulled me through was my continuous determination and non-stop studying. I've definitely developed a tenacious attitude within the past two months, with my last example being the defining moment where I myself feel like I am a tenacious individual. Also, taking this class has opened my eyes as to what it takes to succeed in life, helping me think about my priorities as a student in UF. If I were speaking to a student taking this course next semester, I would tell them that the key to developing a tenacious mindset is all about understanding your priorities as a student and knowing what it takes to excel in school and personal matters. Also, giving yourself a schedule where you force yourself to be productive is another great way to be more determined. Finally, I would tell them to never put yourself down, because we are all capable of doing whatever we set our mind to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey!
ReplyDeleteYou are so right about making a schedule for yourself and how that helps tremendously. My way was by writing down every single thing that I had to do in a day in my agenda. It helped me stay on top of everything. I also like how you talk about this class showing you what it takes to succeed. It shows that this class is more than just the assignments but more about thinking about what kind of people we are in terms of level of hard work. Great post!
Hi! Your last sentence reminded me of the book I just read about our mindset and how that influences success. What we think of ourselves and the things around us influences our actions. Seems like you've got it figured out when it comes to priorities. Focus on whats important and get it done!
ReplyDeleteHi Joseph,
ReplyDeleteI think it's funny how this course have thought the most of us how to manage time better. I definitely blame the format of course for this and how we are much more dependent on getting work done ourselves. This teaches us tenaciousness as we often experience work colliding and time being really limited. I really like your tip about prioritizing stuff in your life as it definitely helps you work more effectively.