Friday, April 5, 2019

Your Venture's Unfair Advantage

My organization benefits from a multitude of unique benefits, namely my preexisting connections in the industry. With my close friend in the international shipping business I have possible allies and insight in that sector. In addition to this my business gains advantage from

  • My prior business ownership experience. While easily replicated, it is something of immense value. This resource is essential and can be replaced by nothing else, experience and failure can be the most beneficial thing to a business owner. 
  • The laptop mobile charger market is currently undeserved. While this is not an asset unique to the business, it is telling of my ability to spot trends. This is something that will be incredibly valuable, something that cannot be replicated as it is impossible to teach, and something I believe to be incredibly rare 
  • Understanding of the amazon marketplace. Again easily gained information, but something that cannot be substituted for anything else. The value of this will be huge to the business, if you understand the bazaar more will come. 
  • Falling battery prices will be an essential 
  • Understanding of the battery market. This knowledge is something that is much more difficult to gain, but something essential nonetheless. The industry is confusing in a number of ways, and will only further in that regard.
  • Easy pivoting from laptop chargers into other chargers. The business is one that a small shift in design and supply chain could allow for the introduction of an entirely new product. 
  • High personal financial capital, this will allow for the firm to incur early losses and not fold. This is not an incredibly rare advantage, but one that will serve as incredibly valuable. 
  • Established macro industry, while the personal laptop charger is an underdeveloped market, batteries are already a well established industry. This is a rarity to find something so blatantly undeserved yet developed, and will be vital to the early stages of this business. 
  • Advertising expertise through my prior endeavors and influence from my father. This is rare, will be incredibly valuable, isn't able to be replicated, and is completely essential. 
My top resource is undoubtedly my connections in the industry. I am a firm believer in the age old saying, "it's not about the grades you make, it's about the hands you shake". This will be an essential asset to my business, as i will not lean on these connections, but rather view them as an opportunity to shake these hands. This is rare enough of an opportunity that it will set my firm above possible competitors, and hopefully aid my long term success.  

3 comments:

  1. Hey Joseph!
    I really liked how all of these resources are so different. Having various different resources can help you in different areas of the business so that's awesome. I also agree that your top resource is your connections because if you're ever stuck and don't know what to do, you can definitely just call and ask. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joseph,
    I really like all of the advantages that you highlighted in this assignment. It shows that you have a bunch of ways to ensure that your idea will come out as a success. I chose networking as my most valuable industry too, as I feel the knowledge that you can get is going to help you much more that any other resources. It's really cool that you have close friends that work in the same industry, and I'm sure that will help you out. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joseph! You have a lot of variety in your resources, which is a great thing to see. I also really like how you have the market as one of your resources. You see the trends of falling battery prices and work it in as a benefit to your product.

    ReplyDelete