The first time I was ever really exposed to entrepreneurship was my junior year of high school working at Reflective Glass, Showers and Mirrors. I realistically had no decent work experience prior to this job so going into it was a bit of a struggle. From the moment I walked in the door, I was put on the spot and my potential was tested as they put me in charge of the front desk and making in-store estimations and sales. The business belong to my girlfriend's parents at the time and they started it by themselves, this is an examples of the kind of entrepreneur that I'd like to be.
I enrolled in this class because it is one of the electives for me to take during upper division construction management and I can use it to fill my current schedule. Beyond just that, I feel as if there is a lot to be gained from this class. I would not consider myself an entrepreneur at this point in my life but one day I would like to be able to.
Hi Joseph,
ReplyDeleteI have the same way as you have been exposed to entrepreneurship through friends or family at a younger age and therefore gotten interested in this field of work. Being put on the spot and actually accomplishing goals and making the business more effective is a awesome feeling and one that I also would like to feel again sometime in the near future.