1) I have a belief that there is an opportunity in the business realm for a service that links potential employees with only international employers.
2) There are tons of job opportunities for highly educated professionals around the world and the skill sets are distributed throughout the world pretty unevenly This would be a service that matches employees with jobs in the country of their choice with high salaries for financial security. The need is for both people who cannot find a job in their home country as well as the countries that do not have as many trained professionals. This need has always existed and I would say I am about 75% sure there is an opportunity for this kind of service.
3) The prototypical customers for this service are the kind of people interested in working or moving overseas. I found three people who want to study abroad and continue working abroad after college.
4) What is the exact nature of the need?:
Conrad - I wish to carry out an occupation that allows me to remain financially stable while also allowing me to travel.
Brady- I want to be able to experience other cultures while also being able to support myself.
Alex- I studied abroad last summer and it was an eye opening experience, I cant do another semester abroad at this point, unfortunately, but would absolutely love to work abroad,
When do they become aware of the need?:
Conrad- I became aware that I wanted to seek this occupation and a service to match me with a good career after I realized I've experienced a lack of travel and indulgence in other cultures.
Brady- I knew that this is an occupation that would fit me because of how much I enjoy being abroad and to provide service while travelling would be incredible.
Alex- I didn't know where to start. Although I want to work abroad I don't know of any platforms that would facilitate any connections for international job offers.
How long have you had the need?:
Conrad- For about a year.
Brady- 1 year and 7 months
Alex- Since I studied abroad last summer.
When did you first become aware of the need? Why?:
Conrad- I lost my job due to a lay off and decided I didn't want another job in the same town.
Brady- When I got accepted into college and realized that I wanted to gain new experiences.
Alex- I honestly didn't think there would be a way for me to do it, I don't know of any positions available, and I wouldn't want to take a trip internationally and ultimately fail to find a position.
How are you currently addressing your need?:
Conrad- Through various job applications.
Brady- Through various job applications
Alex- I've tried job applications, but there are few that I have found. Having some sort of agent/platform to connect me to more companies would be fantastic.
How satisfied are you with this solution?:
Conrad- This service that I am hearing about sounds like it will expand my job outlook and increase my potential to receive and maintain a job that allows me to travel with good pay.
Brady- The description of the service seems like a great match for my lifestyle and I can see myself being very satisfied in the future.
Alex- I think there is real potential, not just for me, I believe there is a real national need for a platform like this. Being able to expand job horizons beyond our border really appeals to me.
5) I learned that there is a real need for a platform like this and everyone I interviewed as well as others that I talked to were intrigued. There are many people interested in studying abroad and no way to facilitate connection for international companies.
7) All platforms for international jobs are confusing, hard to navigate and do not have many job options. Because of this I believe that my original opportunity is still there. I feel that the need was clarified/solidified during these interviews. The feedback that I received was entirely positive. Feedback from customers is vital to the success of entrepreneurs.
Coming from a student that has studied abroad, and loved it, I would be one of the first people to use your service. That said, I think that you should try not to get set on a solution to the need yet. There are existing websites and groups that link people to international companies, but do little to connect people to real jobs. Based on what you have included in this post, I think there is a greater need to link international employers to existing US employment platforms such as LinkedIn and Indeed. I would also like to include that the vast majority of employment opportunities internationally are nothing like the experience you might get studying abroad or in an internship abroad.
ReplyDeleteComing from Europe myself I can clearly understand how this service would be a very good tool for many people. There is, although, a lot of services that do this very thing and they don't usually connect people to real jobs. Instead I would suggest that the service would be a middleman between existing platforms that serve to help US employees looking to get a job internationally. This would ensure that jobs would actually get across and more success.
ReplyDeleteAs someone who has always wanted to have a career abroad and work for an international company, I really like your idea! I think we definitely need a platform where we can connect with international employers since that would be the primary way that they recruit people with the interest of moving to a different country. When one of the people you interviewed said that it would expand your job outlook, I agreed with that because right now, it is more difficult to have an outlet to find the jobs.
ReplyDelete